Hair loss is a reduction in the amount of hair on the scalp. Most people have endured hair loss. It is normal to lose 100 hairs per day. But if excessive, sometimes there are medicinal causes that cause hair loss. If you experience this, you can visit reviews factor website to find products that can help you solve the problem of hair loss.
1. Hair Loss Due To Hormone Changes
The model of hair loss due to hormones is known as medical terminology as androgenic alopecia. This loss usually occurs in men aged over 50 years, or in women after the menopause. In men, the pattern of loss due to this hormone is characteristic, namely forming a distinctive curvature on both sides of the temple. Over time, the hairline will be shaped like the letter “M”. In addition to the temples, the top of the head will also experience hair loss, resulting in a total hair loss. Different forms of hair loss will occur in women. The hormonal loss in women will occur throughout the hair, not centered in a particular area. The loss in women also rarely leads to thinning of hair in certain parts.
2. Hair Loss for Other Reasons
In addition to hormonal changes, hair loss can also occur due to certain conditions, such as:
– Effect of nutrition. Poor nutritional intake can cause hair strands to grow thinner and more fragile.
– Chemicals. Hair that too often undergoes chemical process in the salon is also more susceptible to lose. Frequent dyeing of hair and straightening it permanently makes the hair shaft becomes more vulnerable to fracture.
– Diabetes, Down syndrome, and hyperthyroidism. These three conditions can cause hair loss called alopecia areata which is marked with bald as big as a coin. This loss usually occurs in adolescents as well as young adults. But most of the sufferer’s hair will regain growth after one year.
– Side effects of drugs. Hair loss can also be caused by drugs commonly used to treat arthritis, depression, heart problems, and high blood pressure.
– Psychological pressure. Psychological stress (eg stress) can result in a person experiencing thinning of hair on the head. However, this kind of loss is usually only temporary.
– Cancer Treatment. Chemotherapy, immunotherapy, and radiotherapy can cause a type of hair loss called anagen effluvium (total thaw). This loss can also affect the scalp, face, and body. But most of these cases are not permanent. Hair can usually grow back after a few months of stopping chemotherapy.